Sunday 5 July 2009

Cake Sale


During the May bank holiday weekend I had a stall at our local village street fair. It was filled with yummy cakes and I had spent most of the previous day chained to the kitchen sink and stove making them all but it was worth it.


I was raising money for Sands. The stillbirth and neo-natal death c
harity, a cause very close to my heart. Since I lost my little boy Bob they have been my life line and I am just glad to give a little back as they truly gave me hope and light in a very dark time. Through them I have met and made many wonderful friends, who continue to be a source of great support, love, friendship and who know how you feel without having to explain it all. I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to just be able to cry and say your having a bad day, and a warm hug wraps round you with no more words need to be said.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Cathy, the lovely lady in the pic with me, a friend, Chair of our local group Swindon Sands,for coming and helping me on the stall that day. Also to all the ladies who donated cakes for sale, a huge heartfelt thanks.


We raised over £140 that day. Which will help our local group to keep going, so that they can continue to provide support services to bereaved parents and work with the local hospital.


























Only crumbs left, a succesful day. Th
ank you all. xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment