Sunday 5 July 2009

Mothers Pride

I am going to take this moment to say, I am very proud of my son Corbu.
He is 4 years old and in his short life so far he has moved eight times. Had a mum who had post natal depression but wasn’t diagnosed and got the help she needed til he was one years old. Spent six months living apart from his father while mum tried to be of support while Grandpa fought cancer. Great Uncle passed away from kidney cancer. Great grandma passed away and his little brother Bob died, stillborn. Grief. Stress of later pregnancies but with the joy of now having a little sister and brother. Starting reception at school. Finally settling down in one place, putting down roots and finding out what normal family life is.


My son hates to loose but considering how much loss he has been through you can hardly blame him, can you? My son is sensitive (some might say over sensitive but his heart is on his sleeve because he knows what its like to have it broken) and I swell with pride as I see him treat others with kindness and genuine concern for others. He hates to see others in pain or sad.


He is by no means perfect. At times he drives me mad when he doesn’t listen or is cheeky. He can at times go through “I want” fazes but he is only a child.
I am very proud of my son and I am very proud of the person he is turning into.
I love you, my son, always xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment